The Advantages and Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
The shared hosting is one of the most popular forms of web hosting. It is very popular because it’s cheap and allows anyone to host a website. It’s definitely a much better option than free hosting. But which are the real advantages and disadvantages of shared hosting?
Some of the shared hosting advantages include:
– the low price: shared hosting is cheap, if you need relaible hosting and you don’t have too much to spend, shared hosting is the way to go
– great customer support: many shared hosting providers offer top customer service;
– cPanel, PHP, MySQL databases and lots of extra features which are normally not available in a free version;
The shared hosting disadvantages are:
– lower security level: because many websites are sharing the same server, your website could be affected as well;
– the server resources are limited, if someone uses too much CPU, once the server goes down, your website goes down
Make sure you also check the best shared web hosting providers we recommend for you.